Back to top
Extensis® GeoExpress® software reduces storage costs by compressing images to less than
5 percent of their original size using either the industry-standard MrSID® image compression format — now
updated to MrSID Generation 4 (MG4™)
— or the ISO-standard JPEG 2000 format, all while retaining the visual quality of the originals.
With GeoExpress you can:
- Compress and manipulate satellite and aerial imagery to MrSID or JPEG 2000 image formats.
- Compress your LiDAR data to MrSID and LAZ formats. You can reduce the size of your point
cloud data by 75% or more, while retaining the precision and accuracy of your raw data.
- Use powerful image editing tools like advanced color balancing, reprojection, cropping,
area of interest encoding, despeckling and more.
- Work more quickly than before. GeoExpress is now four times faster with support for
distributing multiple jobs across multiple cores.
- Let GeoExpress take care of the details. GeoExpress automatically reconfigures itself to
give you the best performance depending on the encoding options you choose with Intelligent Encoding.
- Enjoy new image manipulation features, including custom watermarking, rotation support,
and support for encoding PNG images.
Express Server - Fast, Reliable, Standards-Based Image Delivery
Extensis® Express Server® software is the fastest, most stable, and easiest way to
distribute compressed, high-resolution raster imagery via standard protocols. With Express Server, users on any
device access imagery faster, even in bandwidth-starved
environments. Support for MrSID®, JPEG 2000, NITF and Geospatial PDF formats ensures the highest visual quality
regardless of connection speed.
Express Server provides ExpressZip, a web viewer for Express Server imagery. You can now view all
of your collections and query by region, keyword or resolution. ExpressZip is completely customizable with
source code included. In addition,
a painless automated upgrade process is now available. Express Server automates the process of migrating all
catalogs so that you no longer need to manually update thousands of catalogs when installing a new version of
Express Server. No need
to re-create the existing image catalogs; all you need to do is simply point Express Server to your existing
catalog database and the process of serving imagery can begin.
With Express Server you can:
- Quickly and easily distribute high resolution raster imagery
- Retain high visual quality, regardless of connection speed, with support for MrSID, JPEG
2000, NITF and Geospatial PDF formats
- Distribute up to 255 bands in MrSID format with support for hyperspectral imagery
- Run Express Server on a 64-bit operating system to take advantage of memory-based
Extensis® GeoViewer™ is a free viewer that enables you to display raster, vector,
LiDAR, WMS, and JPIP layers, and get extensive support for the industry standard MrSID format and the ISO
standard JPEG 2000 format.
Features and Benefits:
- Customize Display Settings – Tweak settings by layer to ensure that each
image displays exactly the way you want. Select image bands for multispectral images, adjust dynamic range
setting for 16-bit images, and more.
- Explore LiDAR Point Clouds – Explore LAS, LAZ and MrSID Gen 4 (MG4) point
clouds in 3-D mode or view a rasterized version in 2-D mode. Select color gradients to customize your LiDAR
experience and visualize elevation changes.
- Connect to WMS and JPIP – Connect to a WMS server and browse image
catalogs from a simple interface and display on the same map. Easily browse JPIP layers by connecting to an
ExpressServer or select from a list of frequently accessed images on another JPIP server.
- Export Your Images – Create an image from the layers you have added to
GeoViewer and export the area you’ve selected or an entire map. You can also customize your image output size
- Go Mobile – View high-resolution imagery on-the-go on your mobile device.
View, pan, and zoom images easily. Open layers, measure distances, plot GPS points, and take advantage of other
available tools. Available on the Apple Store and Google Play.