Back to top
LizardTech® GeoExpress® software reduces storage costs by compressing images to less than 5 percent of their original size using either the industry-standard MrSID® image compression format — now updated to MrSID Generation 4 (MG4™)
— or the ISO-standard JPEG 2000 format, all while retaining the visual quality of the originals.
With GeoExpress 9.5.3 you can:
- Compress and manipulate satellite and aerial imagery to MrSID or JPEG 2000 image formats.
- Use powerful image editing tools like advanced color balancing, reprojection, cropping, area of interest encoding, despeckling and more.
- Work more quickly than before. GeoExpress is now four times faster with support for distributing multiple jobs across multiple cores.
- Let GeoExpress take care of the details. GeoExpress automatically reconfigures itself to give you the best performance depending on the encoding options you choose with Intelligent Encoding.
- Enjoy new image manipulation features, including custom watermarking, rotation support, and support for encoding PNG images.
Express Server - Fast, Reliable, Standards-Based Image Delivery
LizardTech® Express Server® software is the fastest, most stable, and easiest way to distribute compressed, high-resolution raster imagery via standard protocols. With Express Server, users on any device access imagery faster, even in bandwidth-starved
environments. Support for MrSID®, JPEG 2000, NITF and Geospatial PDF formats ensures the highest visual quality regardless of connection speed.
Express Server 9.5 introduces ExpressZip, a web viewer for Express Server imagery. You can now view all of your collections and query by region, keyword or resolution. ExpressZip is completely customizable with source code included. In addition,
a painless automated upgrade process is now available. Express Server 9.5 automates the process of migrating all catalogs so that you no longer need to manually update thousands of catalogs when installing a new version of Express Server. No need
to re-create the existing image catalogs; all you need to do is simply point Express Server to your existing catalog database and the process of serving imagery can begin.
With Express Server you can:
- Quickly and easily distribute high resolution raster imagery
- Retain high visual quality, regardless of connection speed, with support for MrSID, JPEG 2000, NITF and Geospatial PDF formats
- Distribute up to 255 bands in MrSID format with support for hyperspectral imagery
- Run Express Server on a 64-bit operating system to take advantage of memory-based performance improvements
LizardTech® Express Suite® offers the complete package for your geospatial needs: you can manipulate and compress your imagery with GeoExpress®, and distribute your imagery over the Internet using Express Server®.
Features and Benefits:
- Speed Up Your Imaging Workflow - LizardTech’s Express Suite is designed to meet your needs point for point along your workflow. From the moment you receive your georeferenced source imagery to the moment downstream users import
your products into their GIS, Express Suite provides easy-to-use tools that help you put your imagery to work where it’s needed.
- Manipulation and Compression - Import your source imagery into GeoExpress, where you can mosaic and crop images, correct tonal imbalances, and reproject to the coordinate system you require. Use GeoExpress’ powerful manipulation
tools to deliver high quality datasets to your customers and users. Output in compressed MrSID or JPEG 2000 format directly to a file system or Express Server.
- Distribution and Viewing - With an Express Suite workflow, your imagery can be viewed simultaneously in WMS and Web applications, ESRI applications, and all GeoRaster-enabled applications – virtually all commonly used GIS applications.
Use Express Server to pull imagery from a file system, or from Express Server catalogs.
- Choose Among Stand-Alone Products for Specific Imaging Needs – Choose the components of our applications that suit your needs the most. Do you only need to crop and compress your imagery? Use GeoExpress. Do you want to
mosaic your MrSID imagery and deploy it on the Web? GeoExpress and Express Server are right for you. Pick and choose what makes sense for you.
LizardTech® LiDAR Compressor™ enables you to turn giant point cloud data sets into efficient MrSID files that are just 25 percent or less of the size of raw data yet retain every return. Unlike raw LAS or ASCII data, LiDAR files compressed
to MrSID are easily managed resources you can extract derivatives from over and over again.
Features and Benefits:
- Assurance of Using the MrSID Format – LiDAR Compressor compresses your LiDAR data to the industry standard MrSID format, trusted as a raster format by geospatial professionals since 1992 and supported in virtually all GIS applications.
With 2009′s release of LiDAR Compressor LizardTech unveiled a new and improved version of the format, MrSID Generation 4 (MG4). It’s still LizardTech and it’s still MrSID, so you know you’re using the highest quality file format with the most
advanced compression technology available. MG4 is already supported in Global Mapper, MARS and ArcGIS 3D Analyst, and more third-party support is on the way.
- More Value from Your LiDAR Data – Why not use all of the elevation data that you paid for? If the size of your raw data has meant that you only take delivery of DEMs or contours rather than your entire point cloud, we’ve got good
news! LiDAR Compressor enables you to compress the whole point cloud to MrSID and then use that compressed file to create your own derivatives, eliminating the need to return to your vendor for new products.
- Easy Workflow & Minimal Training – LiDAR Compressor is an easy-to-use application with a straightforward workflow. You don’t have to deal with a lot of confusing options. In most cases, simply load your files, preview,
and encode. You can be compressing LiDAR data to MG4 from both LAS and text files in a few minutes.
- Application Improvements – The latest release of LiDAR Compressor offers better lossless and lossy compression, better progress metering, improved logging and other enhancements that make working with your LiDAR data easier.
GeoGofer ties into the robust ArcGIS Online ecosystem. When you save image information in GeoGofer, the information is stored on ArcGIS Online as a feature service. As a result, your image information is always backed up and always accessible. The
GeoGofer feature service includes image outlines, projection information, custom tags that you apply, and much more. If you’re ever away from your computer, you can view and download the image information through ArcGIS Online. Plus, you can choose
to make the feature service accessible to applications like ArcMap that support signing in to your ArcGIS Online account. You can even share the feature service with groups in your organization or with the public.
- Powerful search and filter features to find imagery by keywords, by time, by file format and more.
- Browse all of your imagery on a single map.
- Organize your imagery with a flexible tagging system.
- Access all your raster and LiDAR imagery from a single application regardless of where the imagery is stored
- Easy Importing - GeoGofer makes it easy to find your images, whether they’re on your machine or across a network. All you have to do is point to a file or directory to begin importing your imagery. The import process automatically
creates a database of image information that you can search, browse, and tag. Importing is fast, too. You can load thousands of images into your database in just minutes. With GeoGofer’s expansive file format support, you’ll be able to find all
of your image data with ease. GeoGofer supports all major formats for raster imagery, including MrSID, JPEG 2000, GeoTIFF, IMG, and many others. GeoGofer even supports LiDAR data in the MrSID and LAS formats.
- View Your Images in Desktop Applications – Once you’ve found the images that you want, GeoGofer makes it easy to start working with them. When you select images in GeoGofer, you can open them in ArcMap, Esri’s industry-standard
GIS application, or GeoViewer, LizardTech’s free viewing application. Alternatively, open your images in a file browser to work with them directly.
- Offline Support - If you have images in multiple locations, you can export the images to a single common location. For example, you might export images to a portable hard drive for use in the field.